The cutest no-knead bread you've ever seen. If you haven't tried it...well, now you'll want to.

There are many versions of this recipe, but this is my favorite--practical, delicious, and easily accomplished by a four-year-old.

Yes, you read that right.*

I suppose you could call this episode of GK's Kitchen: Are you a better baker than a four-year-old?

Steer your browsers to Steamy Kitchen, and get your bread ready to go down for its nap (yes, nap--hey, you try explaining bread to a small child!): http://steamykitchen.com/168-no-knead-bread-revisited.html

Don't get worried by the start-to-finish times. Most of that time is the bread sitting there while you do something else.

Happily, the bread can nap (and sleep) while you do. 

And yes, the bread really does turn out this wonderfully. Your friends will think you bought it from a bakery.

Would go very well with Nigella's soup, below.

In fact, I think I will make both for my mini dinner party tomorrow.

Thanks, Steamy Kitchen!

_______________________________
*The lawyers at GK Enterprises do not assume any responsibility for loss or damage to bread or children. We recommend keeping children far away from ovens.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm a sucker for carbs at any time. Thank you much :)

The REALLY Real Curious Crow said...

"no sticky fingers, no doughy mess"

This is perhaps the most beautiful idea my home-made bread loving--yet so OCD about things stuck to my fingers, I panic--heart could have read.

Holly Dodson said...

Hm, I happen to have a four-year-old handy. Sounds like it'd be fun to do together, we will have to try it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Eileen said...

I made this bread this weekend. Divine. Good recipes, good books. It's time you did another round of what you've loved reading. I get the best ideas.